Now I am little grown up. I play with my friends day and night. Seriously, I hardly stayed at home. My group of friends consisted of boys and girls. Oooops! Girls and boys J

Time and again we would play games like, kite flying, jumping from balconies (ground floor balconies) hitting green glass marbles which I always lost to them, All of them. When I would come home crying, my elder sister would always tell me not to play with boys. They are bad. They are clever. They are selfish. They fool you. My logical mind would come down to just one question. If boys are bad, why do all families want them so desperately? Huh, why why why why???

At around the age of 12-13, I was very often instructed and reminded not to play with boys. My mom made it Taboo, forbidden kind of deal. I always have been little slow in life, even today. So, fundamentally, what people at the age of 12 were doing around me; I started picking it up at the age of 20 +. Weird but true.

I guess my family had no clue of how slow their daughter is and they in anticipation of teenage thing started putting rules/policies/clauses etc in front of me which obviously was OHP.

However, case was not the same with my so called best friend in school and ofcourse other girls/boys I was familiar with. I was not very good at studies, specially mathematics. Maths was like evil to me. I use to be really nervous during maths class. Rest of the subjects, ehh I could handle those tiny monsters.

You see, not being a very bright student and at the same time not looking pretty or hot or happening or clever or no mom dad teaching in same school is a very very bad scene. It felt like a curse (thank god times have changed today)

The only good thing for me in school was my friend G. 
Ghosh! I don’t miss her anymore and you guys will positively establish why not. To me she was, pretty very pretty girl, smart, friendly. And that pretty girl talked to me, she was MY friend. You know what it meant? To me, she was proof of my existence in that school. She was everything for me. I would do anything she asked me.

And soon I established, few guys from school, elder, younger, all kind of..u know.. like liked her, after her. And yes few of them were good looking. And those good looking guys would say hello to me because of G. Did I ever liked that little attention? Hell Ya!

Anyho, she was my source of all gossips, news, happenings in school.  We were together since 6th grade. Till 9th grade it was all hunky dory. After that I think she grew up and thought I no longer match her frequency. Therefore she chose to choose other friends. Well! Good for me. Because she had been my first lesson in life, a bitter one though.

I was getting hard time in my studies. Tuition's was never a trend in our family and we had to carry on with that legacy phew ! My dad took a promise from me to pass school with 1st division at least L.  

At times no matter what your dealing with outside world, somewhere deep inside, you always know ‘The real you’ your actual potential. Ignorant of what people prove you. But the most unfortunate thing with that school was, that teachers had already made up their mind for me. And no matter how better and different I wrote in my exam. My teachers strictly followed their mindset. That has been the HARDEST phase of my life.
Each day I would motivate myself, refill myself with confidence. But to sadness everyday teachers were successful in breaking every inch of me inside out. I can’t forget one my teachers checking pre board exam sitting outside in school ground. She was newly married and didn't seem or look happy :D

These are the steps my teacher followed to check my paper.
1.       Picked the sheet, puts tick mark on first leaf.
2.       Turns to next leaf, turns it back and reads the name on the sheet
3.       Rest all the answers on pages get x x x x x x x x x,
4.       Calls my name, hands me sheet and the score is 25 out of 100
A history paper in which minimum length of answer is 2-3 pages. Entire paper was done in 5-7 seconds.

The way my heart felt the pain, I can feel and hear the sound of my heart even today :D ha ha how tragic that was.
I want to say big thanks to that lovely teachers. Hadn't they been the way they were, I surely would not be what I am today.

There were few bunch of boys very clever, smart studious and definitely knew how to get their way out from teachers. I remember one those guys, identified incorrect gas from test tube during board practical. During viva he answered wrong and I told him right answer. He scored 20/20 and i scored 8/20

After observing my teacher that day, I learnt one new thing about myself. I am not wrong and definitely not that bad.
Eventually, you all can breathe now, I scored 68% and that was all on the basis of the score given by board. Because my internal score sent to board was extremely poor courtesy internal teachers. Thank god, board guys didn't see the non pretty Me but just focused on my written paper :D


I was happy to move to next phase of my life with new high school, new teachers, new friends. 

Every moment before the start of new phase, I wished...


I WISHED: I was pretty than sensitive, clever than sincere and a manipulative bitch than honest :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog