So, we were in a fast food place called 'Wimpy's. My dear professor handed  me a 500 Rupee bill and said 
"why don't you go to the counter and order what ever you want to have"

I looked at the other girl who I don't know how but always managed to keep this smile on her face; like forever. Seriously, ever since I knew her, she had this exact stereotype smile pasted on her face. Not an inch here or there. Just the same.

As I looked at her, and while she was still smiling, I figured that she is JUST going to continue smiling until I speak. So I did what I had to.
I asked her for suggestions about what shall we order to eat. She instead of answering to me, turned her face towards Sir. Following the telepathy sir responded, "Oh dear smriti! it's you who won. It's your call. you just go "GO" and order what ever you like".

I said to myself. "woww I am awsm. such a special treatment"

I assumed that Sir was being extra nice and partial to me that too in presence of the another student.  The angel in me thought "so what if my partner girl didn't win". She might feel hurt with this discriminated treatment b/w students. However, honestly the selfish devil inside me for the first time was enjoying partiality ;) 

I went to the counter with that 500 Rupee bill to order some thing. But, that stupid guy at the counter had so many things on his scripted menu  which completely confused me :/

For those who watched the movie English Vinglish (Bollywood). The way that actress felt while ordering a simple coffee. Dats exactly how I felt. Totally confused. I told the guy at the counter to give us a minute to decide and then will come back to order. 

While walking back towards my professor , I called my partner girl so that she can join me to decide what to order. I called her name once, twice, thrice. No response!
Now according to the position of the seats occupied by the two of them and the way they sat I could see my professor's face and the girl's back. 

I saw my professor smiling like a big Chimpoo. which I had no idea about but the moment he saw me coming towards him he continued to smile and switched his focus on me. I smiled back even though I had no idea why??

I went to my professor and asked again, "Sir! the counter guy says he has this and that kind of burger and also he has this and that size of coke :D.. what should I order"

My professor started to look a little bothered and impatient. Therefore, he made it easy for me and just instructed me what to order. 

Now, I had been delegated a task, a duty, a responsibility. I felt so important in my head. 
"my professor chose me to do this task" :)  (to get burger, fries and coke) said my head
It's because he trusts me and thinks I am efficient and all that because I won. :))


With all these self entertaining n motivating thoughts and smile in my head, I ordered the stuff and with due effort BUT dignity; I returned in few minutes managing to hold two big trays. 

No body offered to help though :(

I started to eat and enjoy. Well hello! was that not we were there for?? right? 
I thought we were suppose to have fun and celebrate victory. 

BUT then..
Why the hell I see only one person eating and enjoying. which was obviously Me! 
Why the other two were just talking with best of politeness and sophistication about some college stuff. 

BUMMER!!

Soon in the middle of their conversation, I started to feel left out. As if I was not even present there :( 
AND THEN Suddenly my brain gizmos started to act after eating two Veg burgers. That's when I could smell something cooking right under my nose. 

But this girl constantly used the word 'Sir' Sir 'Sir' in the conversation which made me change my mind and silly assumptions and conclusions. 
After all, he was a teacher for God sake! It was ethically incorrect to think like this about your own teacher. At least, that's what we learnt and that's how we were brought up. It was still India right!!! :D

Anyways! 
The Excitement drenched day slowly came to an end. I went home directly and shared my happiness with my family.
True smiles can only be shared and seen in the eyes of our family. The bright glow which arrives on our parent's face when they hear that their child won.        Priceless!!!

Once again, after thanking God for the beautiful day and the achievement, I went to bed. But and of course  the impatient me, waited most anxiously for the next day to arrive. So that when I go to class, I could gather all the attention and praises and compliments and congratulations. 

Oh my! that EPIC celebrity feeling was on my way and much awaited!!!!!!!

I couldn't sleep that entire night. Obviously since I was buzy imagining and preparing my style of talking to the crowd the next day. That's right! they all were just a bunch of crowd to me.

Next day, when I reached my college, their was a warm welcome with a round of applause for me. The girls were really sweet to do that for me.
(although manipulative bitches for rest of the days)

During the break time, they all wanted to know about how the entire event went. Hence, I started narrating them in detail. 
While I was narrating, one of the girl's from my class, time and again kept interrupting and saying           "ok then what next"
I was like "yaa am coming to that". Soon I established, that they all were fishing for something more and different. They were more interested in knowing what followed after winning. 

But me in my talking world, continued telling them the entire event and also about how nice and generous professor  was to take me and my partner girl to the food corner to celebrate our college victory.

Suddenly! 
one character sample jumped off her seat and said "hey smriti! was it you who went to order the food"????

I with immense pride and with perfect attitude said 'YES' and Allll the girls fell off their seats laughing a loud :(

The dark cloud of embarrassment was whirling all over me. Pulling myself together I dare to ask them " why what happened" ???

The Girls couldn't stop laughing.

Soon, they cleared my dilemma by proving what a innocent fool I was and that as to why the professor took us to celebrate? Why he attempted to keep sending me away to the counter? 

And the most embarrassing part, how I kept bothering the two love birds by interrupting and asking them.....
"WHAT TO ORDER SIR" 
 "THIS OR THAT" 
 when they just wanted to get rid of me, me silly was forcing myself on them :/

what a joke it was or I was.
whatever it was, today it feels real funny :D.

Well, that's there but I always wondered. How I could never see that or believe that?? :D 

And then there was my wish....

I wished I had a potential cunning mind full of suspicion. A mind capable of gossiping so that I am constantly updated about latest affairs around me :D :D

P.S : Try to be part of Gossips/grapewine. Saves you from Embarrassment!! Always!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog