Final year of Graduation

By the time I was in third year of my management degree course, I was a total masterpiece.
  • I hated men.
  • I was a strong headed stubborn young lady.
  • My thoughts and dressing sense was frowned upon by society and relations.

As far as I was concerned, I treated entire society as bunch of jerks carrying their uncouthness and trying to spread the disease of inequality and absurdness every where.

I very well remember one of the incidents wherein I had attended the NSS camp. During the camp, one of the tasks for the girls was discussion about orphans in our society and the girl child.

At one point while talking and discussing, I brought an idea of adopting girl child or children who have no families. My teacher and few other girls interrupted and said, socially it’s not feasible because blah blah blah……….and also because we feel these decisions are of precarious nature.

For a moment, I was speechless. I was like “then why the hell are we even having this discussion” answer was.. “uuhh because it’s mentioned in the curriculum”

 Well!! That was year 2001.

Sadly, nothing much has changed even today. I still see people not gutsy enough to take a decision of not marrying IF they don’t believe in it OR being a single parent WHEN they want to OR to PROVIDE a beautiful life to a child who has no family when they can AFFORD to. 

Funny story: same year I went to an ‘All India camp for national integration’ location Goa.

It was one hell of an experience. Students from different states all over India.

When we started from our college, we thought it to be women’s camp of national integration. But when we reached the destination, OMG!!!

It was actually a camp for students in general. There were students from girls colleges and boys colleges and co-ed colleges too. We of-course had no choice since our college dint make any of those boyssss. Anyhow!!!!!

It was so much fun to actually see people from different states. I was like ‘oh so they do exist’ :D

So here I was, in Goa, crowded with students from almost 18 different states of India. I termed myself lucky for life offered those precious experiences. 
Next in line, were talks about what all those different states perceived about us?
Us as in my state and it’s people.

And oh boy!.. It was a real challenge to accept the truth about how others looked at us.

Picture in the mirror din’t look good. L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog