Year 2001 – Final Examination for University.

The typical mind pressure of getting good percentage. Cause let’s face it, that is how family & relatives tend to conclude about our future and to some extent they also draw character sketch. For e.g. getting anything below 60% makes you a bad girl involved in boyfriend.
TYPICAL!!

Anyhow. There were few gals in college, whose motive was to study till they die, seriously. And then there were few who did not seem to understand the concept of exams at all. Third was my kind of category who studied strictly by calculation. Like good enough to survive in this crazy competition..

Three things I remember about my grad. Examination.

 One - I wore my lucky dress on each exam day since I strongly believed in green color.  
Two- One of my good friends forgot the date of examination of MBIT subject.
Third - My parents ensured I don’t have to go for exams riding bicycle since I hated it.

 Two is what I am gona narrate.

So this dear class mate of mine and a dear friend too for some reason forgot the date of examination. The hall where students seated was a BIG one. It used to be a 3 hour duration exam.

5 minutes – done with question paper reading
15 minutes – done with initial 20 marks easy scoring section I
30 minutes- An English teacher comes to my seat and says.. 

Where is this girl??  I said who? NAME. I said I don’t know, no communication since last exam. Teacher – she is not here and you did not even notice or call her??? 
I am like :/ :/ :/ :/ ( my heart saying wattttttttt ) I looked down my watch and all I worried about was my god few minutes wasted, and such a long test.

The teacher went in the front, exchanged words with few other teachers ( I assumed called me bad friend ) came back to me asked me students contact number and went.

After another 30 minutes, girl arrived. Of course, she was all mess and nervous. Around 1 hour had passed out of 3.

You would think THAT’s IT.? All good. Girl continues to do her exam. BUT NOooooooo.

The same teacher kept repeatedly coming to me asking me to help that girl do her test. And then eventually the teacher herself, arranged seat right behind me for her convenience of doing the test. Honestly, it pissed me off big time. Not like I did not intend to help her at all but definitely, not at the cost of my own test. PLUS it’s WRONG. I could not believe a teacher did that in presence of so many other teachers and students. For a sec I was like so all rules and punishments on cheating meant nought?

That was the first time I witnessed a teacher doing this. It was quite bummer and shock for me.

The worst was, probably girl was unprepared too for exam, so she demanded that my sheet could be given to her for couple of minutes so she could quickly jot down the main points. 

I looked n felt puzzled for was I being rewarded for being honest student OR was I being put under testing times for friendship.

Well, during all this I literally lost respect for the teacher and also the student. Teacher obviously wanted me to help her in whatever way. So I, dictated, shared my test, helped her answering questions. 
once 3 hours were completed, like a normal scene, all girl students checked and double checked their answers. I was glad that test went fine and all done in time.

The outstanding part was when we received the result, the girl scored 88 marks. 5 marks higher than me  :D :D and she went on telling everyone and ALSO got praises and appreciation from teachers for how bravely she handled the challenge of life :D

What a Thankless ***** was what I and my friend said to each other. 

Years after that, I watched Bollywood epic movie ‘3 idiots’. The famous dialogue of expressing how one feels when your friend scores higher than you. :D Laughed my ass off  :D

Today we two are still friends. Well, fb friends and I am happy for her. 
'I wish rules had no exceptions'. Cheers!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog